Friday 26 May 2017

May Day 26.05.17

What a busy week! 

On Wednesday we went on a walk around the village. We used positional language to plot our route and talked about how to cross the roads safely. We remembered to stop look and listen and look right and left to see if any cars were coming. We also looked for old and new houses and talked about how they were similar and different.

In History we looked at pictures of Redbourn high street in the past and the present and compared them. We noticed that there were no cars in the 1920's and that they used horse and cart to get around. 

In Maths we have been learning about capacity. We used the vocabulary 'full, half full and empty' to describe the amount of water in different cups and talked about how we could make them the same. We then looked at three different size water bottles and estimated how many cups of water it would take to fill them. We noticed a pattern between the amounts- The smallest bottle held 1 and a half, the medium held 2 and a half and Miss Howells' water bottle held 3 and a half!

On Thursday we did our May dance at the Community Tea and today we had our May Day celebrations. Ross was our King and Jessica was our Queen. We all remembered the steps to our dance and danced confidently in front of our friends and family. Well done Lime Class and thank you to everyone who came to watch. 

Next week is half term so Hootie is jetting off on holiday but looks forward to his next adventure when we come back. 

Our Home Learning this week is to have a look at the blog and leave a comment. I wonder if you can tell Miss Howells what you have enjoyed learning about this week? 

Have a lovely week and stay safe and we'll see you on Tuesday 6th June. 

12 comments:

  1. This week we hav beennnn looking after Chrisanthi's dogg 'rocky'. I hav lernd how to look after a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed doing time in maths. I have even told Mrs. Howells I go to bed at seven o'clock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed doing time in maths. I have even told Mrs. Howells I go to bed at seven o'clock. connie.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dance and the walk was fun. - Benedict

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy Colville5 June 2017 at 06:29

    I enjoyed filling the bottles with water, Miss Howell's poured the water in and I held it. I liked dancing in front of mummy, daddy and William in the sun with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I likt redborn histree and lerning abat the street. Theo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This holiday my Mummy and Jem got maried. I did a speech to say congratulations and I love them. Lyla Hayward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I liked going on the walk and looking at things with my class friends. This week, we had a walk with my grandma and grandad to Ashridge. We climbed the monument and tried to count the steps but there were soooooo many. Grandad said there was 102. We saw the little bears house and picked up sticks. My stick was really long. Grandmas was short. Grandad's was medium and Freya's was a teeny weeny stick because she broke it" Poppy Bullen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a busy and fun week. Thank you for a lovely May Dance performance - everyone must have practised very hard. Sam says "I loved learning about half full and empty. I loved looking for numbers and spotting terraces and semi-detached on the walk"

    ReplyDelete
  10. This week I have enjoyed making biscuits and going to Gullivers. Beatrice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mrs Jane Byrne12 June 2017 at 07:39

    What a busy week .....

    ReplyDelete
  12. On Sunday we went to folk on the common and listened to the music. I kicked a ball with my friends. we had a picnic. Ben Mills

    ReplyDelete